As a mum of two, I am always on the lookout for healthy snacks that my girls will love, that will keep them going until dinner, but be light enough not to spoil their appetite.
The problem for me though, is that my girls are aged 4 and 14… so unless I want to be preparing food for a solid 2 hours every afternoon, I needed to find snacks that they will both enjoy.
I spent some time trawling through internet and have decided on these 5 delicious, fun and healthy after school snacks.
1. This is my eldest’s favourite, it’s simple, tasty easy to prepare
Hummus and veggies
2. This one is also simple and great if you want something quick
Mixed fruit bowl
3. The next one is a little more time-consuming, but definitely worth it
Cinnamon & maple syrup apple chips
4. These are simple and so yummy, a definite fave for my youngest
Roasted paprika chickpeas
5. The final snack can also be used as a grab and go breakfast, they are packed full of greatness, and taste fantastic.
Homemade granola bars
None of these are difficult to prepare, and I like this selection as It gives me choices to suit the amount of time I have, and all of them can be made ahead of time, which, if your children are as ravenous as mine after school, will be a godsend.
I hope you like these snack ideas, feel free to share your go to recipes, I am always looking for new ideas.